More angelic reads coming up this month. To follow up Halflings, I am reading ‘Eye of the Sword’ by Karyn Henley. although similar in theme to Halflings by Heather Burch, I immediately see the differences in both writers’ approach to angels.
Here’s my little comparison chart. Any further discussion or opinions on this is welcome.
- Contemporary Fiction
- Modern Teenage ‘lingo’
- Seems compatible to other YA supernatural literature out there
- Very short, brief
- Sensual love Triangle(love it!)
- Unique approach to the idea of half angel/half human
- Historical/Fantasy Fiction(ancient times as the setting)
- Teenage issues, but not so modern
- Not really compatible with other YA- its more “intricate”
- Not a long, book, not short either and multiple character and place names(I forget them sometimes)
- One prince, one princess, possible triangle, but not sole focus of the story
- Unique approach to half angels using music and fantasy
So based off those points, I’ll say this year is bringing on the best in fiction/fantasy writers and their take on these magnificient heavenly creatures!
For more on the study of Angels and other unique angel books, head to these blog links: